Food Services

Student balances that are left on accounts from the 22/23 school year will roll over to the next school year.

Check or change your automatic payment settings in for summer and graduating students.

Senior account balances will be paid out via check after graduation and sent to the primary address that is in the school data base.

The Penn Yan CSD will continue to receive the Community Eligibly Provision in the 23-24 school year. Breakfast and lunch will be available to all students free of charge regardless of income.


The Food Service Department (315) 536-6781

Dana Burton, RD, CDN, SNS  Director of Food Services

The Penn Yan Central School District will be participating in an option available to schools as part of the National School Lunch and School Breakfast Program called the Community Eligibility Provision (CEP) for the School Year 2023-2024

The CEP was enacted as a result of the Healthy, Hunger-Free Kids Act and provides universal meal service to children in high poverty areas.  The CEP is an alternative to collecting, approving and verifying household eligibility applications for free and reduced price eligible students in high poverty Local Education Agencies (LEA).  If at least 40 percent of a school’s students are directly certified via SNAP or Medicaid for free meal benefits, the entire school qualifies for the option.


All students enrolled at PYCSD are eligible to receive a healthy breakfast and lunch at school at no charge to your household each day of the 2023-2024 school year regardless of income. 




Frequently asked questions


Question: We never qualified for free and reduced lunches before. Are you sure we can eat for FREE?

Answer: Yes! All Students PK-12 get FREE breakfast and lunch!

Question: My child likes to get extra food. How does that work?

Answer: The complete reimbursable breakfast and lunch is free. Extra food will be charged according to a la carte pricing.

Question: I had money on my account from last year. What happens to those funds?

Answer: Any money carried over from last year is on accounts and can be used for extras or snacks, such as double meals, ice cream, or extra milk. You can still check My School Bucks to add money or check balances.

Question: We used to have to fill out an application to receive free or reduced lunch. Do we still need to fill out this form?

Answer: Unless you receive SNAP or Medicaid you will need to fill out the family income survey. This form allows our school to benefit from various State and Federal supplemental programs like Title IA, At Risk (31a), Title IIA, E-Rate, etc. This information is critical in determining the amount of money the school receives from a variety of supplemental programs, as well as other student benefits. The Food Service Department will send you this form if you do not receive SNAP or Medicaid. The form is also available under the food services tab on the district website.


You can still take advantage of our FREE meals program! Allow us to compliment your child’s packed lunch with their choice of 3 sides.

*1 item must be a Fruit or Vegetable*


Save time & Money by participating in our School’s

Community Eligibility Program today!

More questions?? Call Dana Burton, R.D., C.D.N., S.N.S., Director of Food Services (315)-536-6781


· Go to and use your student's ID number to put money on your students account for extras with a debit or credit card or to monitor your child's meal transactions.


In accordance with federal civil rights law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil rights regulations and policies, this institution is prohibited from discriminating on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex (including gender identity and sexual orientation), disability, age, or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity.

Program information may be made available in languages other than English. Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication to obtain program information (e.g., Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language), should contact the responsible state or local agency that administers the program or USDA’s TARGET Center at (202) 720-2600 (voice and TTY) or contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339.

To file a program discrimination complaint, a Complainant should complete a Form AD-3027, USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form which can be obtained online at: P-Complaint-Form-0508-0002-508-11-28-17Fax2Mail.pdf(link is external)(link is external), from any USDA office, by calling (866) 632-9992, or by writing a letter addressed to USDA. The letter must contain the complainant’s name, address, telephone number, and a written description of the alleged discriminatory action in sufficient detail to inform the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights (ASCR) about the nature and date of an alleged civil rights violation. The completed AD-3027 form or letter must be submitted to USDA by:

  1. mail:
    S. Department of Agriculture
    Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights
    1400 Independence Avenue, SW
    Washington, D.C. 20250-9410; or
  2. fax:
    (833) 256-1665 or (202) 690-7442; or
  3. email:
    [email protected](link is external)(link is external)


This institution is an equal opportunity provider.